Describe the nurse educator role that your plan addresses, as well as any other pertinent details about that role.
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT: Assignment:Tripartite Model of Teaching
Assignment:Tripartite Model of Teaching
Create a short (approximately 2 pages) plan to reflect on how the three aspects of the tripartite model of teaching, service, and scholarship could be met for a particular nurse educator position in a context of interest to you
Create a short (approximately 2 pages) plan to reflect on how the three aspects of the tripartite model of teaching, service, and scholarship could be met for a particular nurse educator position in a context of interest to you.
In your plan, do the following:
· Describe the nurse educator role that your plan addresses, as well as any other pertinent details about that role. Be sure to give the role’s title and explain the context in which that role works.
· Analyze the teaching, service, and scholarship expectations for that role as you understand them, and how those expectations fit with the role.
· Identify publications, journals, and conferences that could be a fit for the scholarship conducted in this role. Explain the kinds of scholarships that would be a good fit for a person in this role and with this expertise.
· Generate a plan that could be used by a person in this role for meeting each of the expectations you analyzed.
· Analyze additional qualifications that you believe are needed for this role (additional education, certifications, skills, and so on), explaining why they are necessary.
· Analyze the qualifications and areas of expertise related to this role that would facilitate serving as a change agent.
Your plan should meet the following requirements:
Reflect on how the three aspects of the tripartite model of teaching, service, and scholarship could be met for a particular nurse educator position in a context of interest to you
· Written communication: Written communication should be free of grammar and spelling errors that distract from the content.
· APA format: Use correct APA format, including running head, page numbers, and a title page. Citations and references (if used) are to be in correct APA format.
· Format: Submit your assessment as a Word document.
· Length: Approximately two double-spaced pages, not including the title page and references page.
· Font and font-size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
Create a 2-page plan addressing the scholarship, service, and teaching elements of a specific nurse educator role in a specific context.
When we say we are nurse educators, the image that comes to mind for many is that of a nursing instructor in an undergraduate nursing program. The work that person is engaged in is teaching others how to be nurses. While that is certainly one aspect of the nurse educator role, the setting and the work may vary greatly. Some nurse educators, especially in university settings, will hold joint appointments as nursing faculty in a college of nursing and as clinicians in the university hospital. Other educators will work exclusively in a hospital or community setting, educating staff, patients, or community. Regardless of the setting, the role of educator encompasses more than teaching; there is also an expectation for scholarship and for service.
In this tripartite role, faculty in universities and colleges are expected to teach, participate in scholarly activities, and participate in service, which is defined as activities contributing to the good of the community, university, or profession beyond one’s defined job description. Many health care institutions will also have similar expectations for nurses in upper-level positions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 2: Analyze the tripartite role of teaching, service, and scholarship.
. Describe a specific nurse educator role.
. Analyze the teaching, service, and scholarship expectations for a chosen nurse educator role.
· Competency 5: Articulate how nurse educators serve as change agents and leaders to help advance nursing education and nursing practice.
. Analyze qualifications in a chosen nurse educator role that facilitate being a change agent.
· Competency 6: Develop a plan for engaging in scholarship in an established area of expertise.
. Explain opportunities for scholarship related to a specific area of expertise.
· Competency 7: Establish a plan for pursuing continuous improvement in the nurse educator role.
. Generate a plan for meeting each aspect of the tripartite model.
· Competency 8: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for a nursing education professional.
. Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, mechanics, and APA format and style as expected of a nursing education professional.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.