Discuss the A-B-C theory of personality.
A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper
Week 4 Questions
Answers should be at least 100-175 words and reflect critical thought. Whenever possible, please try to relate the course content to real-world applications from your work experience. Be sure to cite all sources as well.A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper
ORDER A PLAGIARISM- FREE PAPER NOW
1. Discuss the A-B-C theory of personality.
2. What is the “heart” of Reality Therapy and how would the professional counselor engage clients in the process of this therapeutic approach? A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper
3. REBT falls under the umbrella of CBT. As a component of CBT Albert Ellis reminds us of the important role that cognition plays in our actions. I believe that our thoughts about events influence how we respond which is why I chose CBT as part of my theoretical framework. I have had the joy of watching this therapy work. When I was working with probationers for Harris County I would have my clients complete the behavior chain and really explore the consequences of their actions. Over time, I was able to witness my clients think before they act which resulted in them making better decisions. What are some limitations of REBT?A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper
4. Reality therapy does not focus on the past and choice theory reminds us that our behavior is a choice. Choice theory indicates that are behavior is influenced by our need to meet one or more of the five basic needs that are part of our genetic structure. There are some similarities with Reality Therapy and Cognitive Behavior Therapy as well as Abraham Maslow. What are some limitations of reality therapy? A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper
5. we all pursue those five basic needs, but how often do we take those for granted, get too busy to realize that we have neglected any, or many of those basic needs? I know that there have been times in my life where I get so bogged down in the day to day grind, that I forget to have fun, I get too busy to socialize, or too tired to focus on relationships. Imagine many of our future clients facing these same issues, and many of us can identify with their situation. What are some techniques to bring it all back into focus? Any thoughts?A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper
6. Empathy is so important when building the therapeutic lines of trust. You stated, “They need to learn from us and with us how to establish fulfilling and healthy relationships and connections in the outside world, and if they do not learn that from us, we are not successfully navigating them through the counseling they deserve.A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper” This is profound. We are to be examples of how to live and learn and be adaptive in life situations. It makes me think about how important it is to take care of ourselves as counselors. We are going to go through our own trials and it is not good to carry those things into the milieu while attempting to counsel a client. How would you handle self care to be prepared for counseling a client? A-B-C Theory of Personality Essay Assignment Paper