Module 05 Content
- Nutrition plays an essential role in supporting fitness and exercise. If you increase your level of physical activity, your need for nutrients and calories will also increase. In addition, the foods you eat before and after you exercise will have an impact on your performance during the physical activity and on your recovery afterward.
Perform some library research, and in a 2-3 page paper written in APA format using proper spelling/grammar, address the following:
- Describe the importance of pre- and post-exercise nutrition choices. Provide examples of foods that are appropriate selections for each category.
- Explain how foods and nutrients (including fluids and electrolytes) help improve a person’s performance during physical activity and their recovery afterward.
- Consider your responses to items 1 and 2 above, and suggest an appropriate nutritional plan for a physically active person. Be sure to explain what the person should consume in an average day to support their caloric and nutritional needs.
- Cite at least 2 credible references and present the resources in APA format on the References page.