What is the differential diagnosis?
Question 4: A mother brings in her 4-year-old daughter because she says the child’s urine looks dark. She says this is the first time it has ever looked dark.
1. What is the differential diagnosis?
2. In hematuria it is necessary to distinguish and upper GU source (glomerular) from a lower GU source (bladder, urethra, genitals). What questions would you ask to distinguish the two?
3. How would the urinalysis be helpful in determining if the bleeding is coming from the level of the glomeruli or the lower GU tract?
4. What is the one question that you should definitely ask the mother to help rule in the diagnosis?
5. Hematuria and flank pain in an adult may be an indication of what condition