What is the impact of crime on victims and survivors and their family?
Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
** Please note that this film is very graphic (and violent) and may be emotionally draining or traumatic for some viewers. If you feel that this film will be too traumatic for you, you must contact the professor for an alternative assignment 2 days prior to the due date. Also, if for any reason you feel that you would like to talk to someone about any emotions that arise please visit UCF Victim Services at http://victimservices.ucf.edu/ or an on-call advocate can be contacted 24/7 including after hours, weekends and holidays by calling 407-823-1200.Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
ORDER A PLAGIARISM- FREE PAPER NOW
1- Read the background section in the Sentencing the Victim document, which briefly describes the film.
2- Watch the film Sentencing the Victim located at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MScXECdB070
Closed captioning is not available for this video. The transcript of this video has been posted along with the other documents related to this assignment.Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
3 – Read the remainder sections of the Sentencing the Victim document to learn about the impact that the film has had on victims and survivors as well as legislation.
4 – Answer the questions below.
NOTE: All assignment should be in Times New Roman font 12, double spaced, with 1 inch margins.Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
1) Research the parole process in the state of Florida. Briefly state Florida’s parole process.
2) Identify 3 things that the criminal justice and paroling systems can do to be more sensitive to the needs and concerns of victims.Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
3) What is the impact of crime on victims and survivors and their family? Make sure you think about both positive and negative impacts. Also, in your answer consider the following 3 types of impact:
– Immediate (occurs in the hours and days following the crime)
– Short term (occurs in the weeks following the crime)
– Long term (occurs in the months and years following the crime)Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
4) In what ways can participating in the criminal justice system be traumatic for victims and their family?
5) How can participating in the criminal justice system be beneficial to the healing process of victims and their family?
6) How was the parole process traumatic for the Katz family?
7) What was helpful about the parole process for the Katz family? Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper
8) How can the justice system enhance or reform its process to better facilitate the effective participation of crime victims and survivors and at the same time ensure their sensitive treatment?
9) Browse through The National Center for Victims of Crime’s website and list the rights of crime victims.
Access at: http://www.victimsofcrime.org/home
10) State your reaction to this film. Victim Impact Essay Assignment Case Study Paper